School Improvement Priorities 2016-17
As a school we regularly review and evaluate ourselves and the education we are providing for our pupils in order that we can ensure we are offering the very best we possibly can. Once we have analysed the strengths and weaknesses we then develop a School Improvement Plan (SIP) which clearly outlines the steps we will be taking to ensure the school moves forward and achieves the goals we have set ourselves.
This year the school has very clear aims and each year will consult staff, parents and the wider community regarding the key priorities for the school.The priorities for this year 2016-17 are below:
- 1. Aim – To improve the quality and consistency of teaching in the school so that much teaching over time in most subjects is outstanding and never less than consistently good.
- 2. Aim – To ensure all pupils are making at least consistently good progress across the school in each phase and year group so that all pupils are able to meet at least age related expectations.
- 3. Aim – To develop clear and effective leadership across all strands of the school community.
- 4. Aim – To ensure general behaviour and learning behaviour of all pupils is exemplary at all times.
- 5. Aim - To ensure the Christian character of the school is all pervasive.
- 6. Aim - To ensure that all pupils in the EYFS make at least typical rates of progress and most children make at least good progress from their starting points.